- RSS Channel Showcase 7111850
- RSS Channel Showcase 6485893
- RSS Channel Showcase 1225400
- RSS Channel Showcase 5743381
Articles on this Page
- 09/25/13--11:30: _Delta Medallion Qua...
- 02/20/14--06:26: _14 Signs You’re Obs...
- 06/30/16--09:00: _What’s in My Wallet...
- 08/03/16--12:00: _New Chase Sapphire ...
- 08/09/16--09:00: _New Ritz-Carlton Vi...
- 08/24/16--09:00: _The Chase 5-24 Rule...
- 06/22/17--07:00: _Hyatt Visa Signatur...
- 01/11/18--06:00: _My Credit Card Stra...
- 03/27/18--06:00: _My Favorite Card: T...
- 04/05/18--06:00: _Barclays Arrival Pr...
- 05/22/18--10:31: _Chase is Devaluing ...
- 06/26/18--06:00: _My 2018 Credit Card...
- 07/03/18--06:00: _The New World of Hy...
- 07/18/18--06:00: _Non-Chase Cards Wor...
- 02/20/14--06:26: 14 Signs You’re Obsessed With Earning Points and Miles
- 06/30/16--09:00: What’s in My Wallet July 2016
- 08/03/16--12:00: New Chase Sapphire Reserve Coming Soon?
- 08/09/16--09:00: New Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite
- 08/24/16--09:00: The Chase 5-24 Rule is Unfair
- 06/22/17--07:00: Hyatt Visa Signature Sign-Up Bonus is Changing
- 01/11/18--06:00: My Credit Card Strategy for 2018
- 03/27/18--06:00: My Favorite Card: The Chase Sapphire Reserve
- 04/05/18--06:00: Barclays Arrival Premier World Elite Mastercard
- 05/22/18--10:31: Chase is Devaluing the Sapphire Reserve
- 06/26/18--06:00: My 2018 Credit Card Strategy 2.0
- 07/03/18--06:00: The New World of Hyatt Visa – What an Upgrade!
- 07/18/18--06:00: Non-Chase Cards Work with Shop through Chase
At this point in the year I have a choice between remaining a Platinum Medallion with Delta in 2014 or going for Diamond Medallion status. Like each of the past several years, I am going to choose to stay Platinum and let any miles I receive over the 75,000 mile platinum Threshold roll-over for earning […]
The post Delta Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQDs) and Rollover Miles Don’t Mix appeared first on Jeffsetter Travel Blog.
Delta MQD Tracking Announcement Email.pngMedallion Qualifying Dollars to Date.png
This morning I was setting up a new online account with a credit card provider and I had the biggest sense of deja vu. It occurred to me that I have done this many times before as I used my 10-key to pound in my bank routing number in about 0.002 seconds. Many of you […]
The post 14 Signs You’re Obsessed With Earning Points and Miles appeared first on Jeffsetter Travel Blog.
Points and Miles Obsession.png
I’ve said it before, and I said it again, my points and miles strategies differ somewhat from many other bloggers. I don’t travel for work, nor do I have much disposable income to throw around. Because of this, I primarily earn miles to redeem for free travel and don’t focus much on earning elite status. […]
_MG_7440Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 9.36.56 PMScreen Shot 2016-06-28 at 9.37.18 PMScreen Shot 2016-04-30 at 5.52.45 PMScreen Shot 2016-04-30 at 5.33.19 PMAmex Everyday PreferredScreen Shot 2016-06-28 at 10.09.55 PMScreen Shot 2016-06-28 at 10.10.11 PMMarriott Rewards Visa PremierScreen Shot 2016-06-28 at 10.58.44 PMScreen Shot 2016-06-29 at 7.35.16 AMScreen Shot 2016-06-29 at 5.54.16 PM
There’s been a lot of chatter recently regarding the rumored new Chase Sapphire Reserve. And with good reason! Chase Ultimate Rewards are the best points program around. It offers outstanding flexibility and value, especially if you’re willing to do your homework. So, the prospect of a new, high-earning Ultimate Rewards card is tantalizing. The Chase […]
The buzz lately has been the rumored new Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I thought it would be the first Visa Infinite card by Chase, but to my surprise it wasn’t. Instead, Chase released the new Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite card as it’s first Infinite product. The new Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite card replaces the Ritz-Carlton Visa Signature card. […]
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is the most anticipated card product of the year. It’s an outstanding product with killer benefits like 3x points on dining + travel, Priority Pass Select, Primary Auto Rental Collision Coverage, and more! However, Chase has this irritating little rule called the 5/24 rule. Basically, if you’ve opened 5 cards in […]
Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 7.32.27 AM
The Hyatt Visa Signature Sign-Up Bonus is changing at the end of the month. And guess what? It’s not a positive change. The Hyatt Visa Signature, aka the Hyatt Card, is issued by Chase in the U.S. It has long had a very lucrative signup bonus of 2 free night certificates valid at any Hyatt […]
It’s been a while since I did a credit card post, though not much has changed since then. But, here’s my credit card strategy for 2018. If you didn’t already know, credit card rewards are the primary way in which I travel. This is especially true for my bigger, aspirational trips like our Big Apple […]
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is the darling card of the points and miles community. But the card, and especially its annual fee can be scary to beginners. So let’s go over why the fee isn’t so bad and why the card is so great. As I mentioned in my 2018 credit card strategy, the Chase […]
If you didn’t already know, Barclays has a new card: the Barclays Arrival Premier World Elite Mastercard. And, unfortunately, this card is shaping up to be the biggest new card letdown of 2018. The blogosphere has been abuzz regarding the release of a new credit card from Barclays. And the reason for all the noise […]
Heads up! Chase is devaluing the Sapphire Reserve. This morning I got an email from Chase regarding “important updates” to my Chase Sapphire Reserve account. In particular, these changes will affect the card’s much-beloved rewards and benefits. And, as these notifications always do, it started with some positive changes, though things got dark towards the […]
We’re midway through 2018, and much has changed. So let’s take a look at my 2018 credit card strategy 2.0. Marriott Rewards Now, the most significant change I’ve been watching for this year is the Marriott Rewards and SPG program integration. And since the new Marriott and SPG cards are such a letdown, I’ve chosen […]
Last week Chase quietly rolled out a new World of Hyatt Visa card. And with this new card comes a whole lot of changes. But, thankfully, those changes are mostly positive ones. World of Hyatt Nearly two years ago, Hyatt did away with its beloved Hyatt Gold Passport loyalty program and replaced it with the […]
For some time now, I’ve been making purchases via Shop through Chase® using Chase co-brand credit cards. However, recently, I’ve discovered that non-Chase cards work with Shop through Chase as well! So let’s revisit this lucrative points-earning strategy. Online Shopping Rewards Portals Most online shopping portals are affiliated with airline frequent flier programs, such as […]